In the center of the village stands one of the most interesting religious monuments: the collegiate church. It features a long nave extended by the imposing mass of an “avant-corps” composed of three majestic towers topped by pointed bell towers. A building from the Ottonian period, it has undergone numerous transformations over the centuries. In this religious complex, where it was discovered in 1977, you can admire the sarcophagus of sancta Chrodoara, an internationally recognized masterpiece of Merovingian art.
The Collegiate Church’s treasury also includes the shrine of St. George and St. Ode, dating from 1240-1250, which houses the relics of St. Ode and other illustrious figures. The former cloister of the collegiate church houses a museum of archaeology, one of the highlights of which is the magnificent permanent exhibition Mosa Nostra, presenting the Merovingian Meuse from Verdun to Maastricht. Around the collegiate church and this square, the houses of the canons assigned to worship and manage the collegiate church were once grouped. The canons’ houses generally date from the mid-18th century, with the exception of the Gossuart house. Many of them feature architecture reserved for the elite.